Now Recruiting- General Business Manager
We are hiring!
If you are interested in joining the team and having an inside perspective on what we do, please read on.
The Automatic Vending Association (AVA) is “the Voice” of the UK refreshment vending industry. It is established to represent the interests of the UK refreshment vending industry with government agencies, with all elements of the media and with all who request truthful information about the industry. On behalf of the membership, the AVA seeks to stay abreast of all matters that can potentially affect their interests and to advise and support those in need. It also promotes the highest possible standards of service and integrity.
- To effectively manage all aspects of the business and commercial functionality of the Association and ensure the AVA team successfully achieves all targets and standards of performance, as agreed with the Board. Ensure all income and cost targets are met.
- To engage with and communicate with the Members to ensure they recognise the value of AVA membership and ensure membership retention levels. Also to work with AVA partners and service support providers so that the member benefits package is efficiently and accurately employed. This might include the creation and implementation of additional benefits, as agreed with the Board.
- Manage successful events in support of the membership as directed and agreed with the Board
- Implement effective communications in support of (proactive) and defense (reactive) for the industry, as required. Proactive and positive communication pertaining to all industry benefits and efforts via all aspects of the media, as directed by the Board.
- Reporting to and working closely with the Board, this role is to ensure the various AVA department functions work to the appropriate standard, to enable the Association to achieve all agreed objectives, ensuring effective leadership to the department teams.
- Work closely with and supports the Internal Audit and Quality functions to ensure the Association achieves the best standards and protects the integrity of the AVA Quality Standards.
- Work alongside and fully support the Board in all aspects of the business, and to advise on all aspects of the activities responsible.
- To be responsible for leading and developing the back office team in all aspects of the Association activities, ensuring that all staff have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the success of the AVA, fostering a team work principle and achieving all agreed SOP’s and KPI’s are met by coaching, training and example.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Achieving the annual financial objectives
- Ensure all aspects of financial management are implemented correctly and on time, including: – Invoicing, billing data, financial/data information requests, cash-flow, processing of accounts payable, payroll, expenses and reporting (internal and external).
- Successfully create and execute clear plans for each area, to ensure the overall Association plans are achieved.
- Help to engender a service-centric approach across the Association
- Close liaison and effective communication with the board of directors, The Quality Manager, Consultants, AVA Committees, suppliers and all relevant personnel.
- Work closely with the board of directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the successful, efficient and successful sustainability of the Association.
- Oversees all responsible department aspects as they relate to recruitment, selection, induction and training. To ensure achievement of all agreed objectives
- Holds regular meetings and team briefings
- Conducts performance reviews and adheres to Association standards for staff
- Monitors key personal indicators for the team
- Manages the succession planning of the department
- Ensures best practice and quality processes are implemented
- Responsible for management reporting for Board / Management meeting
- Attends board and management meetings as required
- Promotes good ethical standards and best practice at all times
- Remains aware and informed of up to date trends, systems and practices within the areas of responsibility
- Ensures full team compliance with company policies and procedures, legislation and current regulations relevant to company
- Performs related duties and projects as assigned and carries out any responsible requests
Qualifications and Skills
Exceptional ability to forge, develop and maintain the highest quality relationship levels with a very wide range of individuals, corporate bodies and businesses. Good team player with the ability to work well with others, network and build relationships resulting in a strong impact on performance within the Association. This will require first class time-management, planning and organisational skills.
- Able to manage various and diverse tasks simultaneously with a systematic approach to problem solving. Ability to embrace and promote change.
- Possesses good presentation skills along with excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to influence internal and external parties.
- Confident, with a high level of self-motivation, possessing the ability to work to own initiative and demonstrate a hands-on attitude. Results orientated, capable of setting and exceeding expectations
- Good I.T skills with the ability to compile information for the Board and members, as required
- Good competency with P&L management
- Has successfully managed and led a wide range of business departments/functions and teams
- Well versed in business planning with good I.T and numeracy skills
- Able to demonstrate experience of commercial acumen
- Background in business to business markets
- Experience of working in an organisation going through growth/ transition
- Experience of working in organisations of different sizes – small & large
- UK Vending and HORECA industry
- Association experience
- Effective networking and people management skills
- Excellent General Management skills
- Financial acumen
- Sound I.T skills
- Presentation Skills
- Demonstrates Industry connection on broader scale through active participation in industry forums or professional bodies etc.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent professional vocational qualifications
- Company Pension scheme available following probation period
- 25 + 8 statutory holidays
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com by the 31st January 2018. If you have not heard from our Hiring Manager by the 5th February 2018, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00 to £40,000.00 /year
- Management: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
- Driving License